From Port Adelaide Wiki
Wallaroo, South Australia
|Died||30 December 2015|
|Monuments||Listed, Workers' Memorial|
Aunty Josie Agius (1934 - 30 December 2015) was an Aboriginal Elder of Narrunga, Kaurna, Ngarrindjeri and Ngadjuri descent.
- Bookayana stories : childhood memories of Bookayana (Pt. Pearce) Stories told by Clifford Edwards, Phoebe Wanganeen, Josie Agius ; recorded by Gwen Pitcher ; illustrated by Clifford Edwards. Education Dept. of SA, Adelaide, South Australia, 1987. ISBN 072438037X
- Josie Agius AustLit. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- Aunty Josie's welcome ABC: Breakfast with Matthew Abraham and David Bevan, 28 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- Welcome to Kaurna Country Kaurna Warra Pintyanthi
- History SA, Crossing Country exhibition launch 3 Dec 2012 Flickr, Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- Kurruru Youth Performing Arts, Josie Agius and Leonard Lester Flickr, 2 March 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
Port Adelaide Library:
Contemporary press clippings:
- Aboriginal elder Aunty Josie Agius farewelled at Port Adelaide funeral ABC News, 15 January 2016.
- Honouring a story teller. Portside Messenger, p 12. 4 May 2016