|Monuments||Listed, Workers' Memorial|
Port Adelaide Library:
Name added to memorial ??between 1918 and 1923
He was nominated by the
Contemporary press clippings:
EASTER.-THE FRIENDS of the late Mr. ALFRED EASTER are respectfully informed that his Funeral will leave his late Residence. Liddon-place, Portland, on WEDNESDAY, at 3.30 p.m., for the Woodville Cemetery A. E. WALLMANN, Undertaker, Torrens-road, Alberton. Phone 50.
G U.O.O.F.-LOYAL DUKE OF PORTLAND LODGE.-The members of the above Lodge are requested to meet at the Lodge Room, 3 p.m., on WEDNESDAY, to follow the Remains of our late BROTHER, ALFRED EASTER, to the Woodville Ccmeterv. By order P. W. COLEMAN, Secretary-.
MEMBERS of the PORT ADELAIDE WORKING MEN'S ASSOCIATION are requested to MEET at the residence of our late Bro.. A. EASTER. Liddon-place, Portland, on WEDNESDAY, September 9th, at 3.30 o'clock, to follow his Remains to the Woodville Cemetery. By order,
Wednesday 9 September 1914
EASTER -In loving memory of our dear husband and father Alfred Easter, who died September 8 1914, at Portland??
- Farewell, my husband dear, farewell,
- The earthly race is run.
- Though crushed with grief I'll strive to say,
- Oh, God, Thy will be done
- A loving father, true and kind,
- No friend like him on earth we find.
- Two years have passed but none can tell
- The loss of our dear father, we loved so well
- Inserted by his wife and family